Sonntag, 14. Dezember 2014

Essence - Effect Nail Polish - Icy Fairy

Hello everyone!

Since my first post today was very short I thought that a second couldn't hurt.
Therefore I want to show you an essence effect nail polish by the name Icy Fairy (21).
It has a translucent jelly base with different sizes of silver hexes in it. And than there is this beautyful silver shimmer that also shifts from purple to blue. Depending on the light and the surrounding it always looks a little different.
I layered it over different polishes that I have already shared with you in the past, so this post came out to be quite picture intensive, but I just love it so much and wanted to share all it's goregeousness with you!

First I layerd 2 coats of Icy Fairy over Street.








I know this one is blurry, but you can see the sparlking glitter better this way ;-)

The pictures above are all taken indoors with a flash. I also had not yet put topcoat on.





The next morning I went outside to snap some pictures in daylite and hopefully capture the beautiful shimmer this pilish has. (I added topcoat in these pics.)
This one was taken with a flash and brought out the over all silver shimmer.
No flash. Here you can see the blue shimmer.
No flash. Here the purple shimmer really pops out.
 I was so in love with this manicure! I could not stop looking at it and moving my fingers. 




Next I put Icy Fairy over Pink & Proud.



 For these swatches I used essence all in one as a base, 2 coats of Pink & Proud and 2 layers of Icy Fairy. No Topcoat.










 I like this manicure as well, but the blue shimmer was pretty much invisible and swallowed up by the lilac base. 

Next up was Fairy Ice layerd over essence Dare To Kiss.

As before I used a basecoat, 2 coats of Dare To Kiss, 2 coats of IF and no topcoat for these pictures. They where all taken outside on a cloudy day. 




I think it was to late in the day that is why the shifting shimmer is not visible on the pictures. Also the basecolour swallowed up some of it. In real life it was okay though.

Last but not least I want to show you Icy Fairy over Purple Charism.
I used essence all in one as a base, one layer of Purple Charism and two coats of IF.

Indoors with flash
Indoors without flash. I held my hand under my LED desk light.
The blue shimmer really pops out there.
Outdoors with flash.
Isn't that shiny? 
Outdoors without flash.

 I liked Icy Fairy over all the colours I used, but overall I would say that it really comes to life on darker colours. 
My favourite is definitely the first one. IF over Street was just amazing and I did not want to take it of at all.

How do you like this polish? Do you have a fave?




Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Feel free to leave a comment anytime! I will read every one of them and try to respond ASAP