Mittwoch, 25. März 2015

Catrice - LE Cruise Couture - 01 Hi, Society!

Hello Lovelies!

A few days ago I posted my new catrice polishes on the blog (here). Today I want to show you the swatches of my favourite polish of the Cruise Couture LE. 
This is Hi, Society!. A pastel apricot creme polish with a soft shimmer. I really loved this colour when I first saw it in the bottle and I still love it on my nails. It is a perfect pastel shade for spring and probably all year round. I guess it would even look better with a darker skintone or a little tan.




Application was a bit tricky though, because I got a faulty bottle with no brush in it... Have never seen something like this before, but I guess there is a first for everything! I used the brush of an empty clear polish to apply the polish to my nails and found the consistency a bit too thick, but I will try adding some polish thinner for next time. The first coat went on a bit streaky, but the second one leveled it out okay.


I just realised, that in these direct sunlight pictures Hi, Society! is looking totally streaky. I don't know where this is coming from, because in nature it did look just fine and even.




It is too bad about the defective bottle. I think they look so cute with the naval themed cap. But since it is not possible to use it that way, I had to fill it into an empty bottle. I will be using it again anyway!

How do you like this polish? Any preference on wich one of this collection I should swatch next?

You may also like:

2 Kommentare:

  1. It's a lovely colour but such a shame about the bottle. I'm sure if you emailed Catrice they would offer you a replacement? x

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. If it was a 'new' bottle they probably would, but I bought it online and it is from a 3 year old LE... I don't think they could help with that... :-D But thx for the suggestion!
      xo, Pia

      Löschen

Feel free to leave a comment anytime! I will read every one of them and try to respond ASAP