Montag, 18. Mai 2015

NYX - Under The Moon

Happy Monday Everyone!

I hope you all had a lovely weekend and are ready to start into the new week. Today I want to show you NXY - Under The Moon from my drugstore haul.

Under The Moon is a gorgeous glitter polish with a blue jelly base packed with different sized iridescent hexes. Mainly medium and very small hexes as well as lots of microglitter. The formula is excellent and easy to apply, but this polish is quite sheer and you will need many coats to reach opacity. I started with three coats wich you can see in the bottle shot above and added two more to get good coverage.
In certain lighting there is still some VNL, but it is okay with the five coats. The polish is so sparkly no one will notice the nail line! :-D

In direct sunlight you can see the iridescent glitter shining in all colours of the rainbow. Mostly you see red, orange and yellow, but there also is green, purple and pink. So beautiful!
For this polish I would recommend layering it over a blue polish of your choice. Under The Moon has a lovely colour on it's own, but it takes so long to dry with all the layers you need. The colour will change depending on the base polish you will use, but it will still sparkle and shine beautifully.


I was wearing essence - Have A Beau-Tea-Full Day from the new brit-tea LE in three coats and decided to add a little sparkle. Using two coats of Under The Moon I ended up with more than just a little sparkle though!

Being curious about how it would look like with a different base colour, I layered it over essence - the gel polish - prince charming. I only used one coat of Under The Moon since prince charming has a lovely shimmer on its own, that I did not want to be covered up completely.




I smudged one nail on my usual camera hand so I went ahead and took pictures of the right hand. Please excuse the weired camera angles. I simply can not handle my camera with the left hand. I also cover up the display and hardly can see where I am aiming... :-(


The turquoise base is not really my first choice for this glitter. I think it looks better on a pastel blue polish. Maybe I'll try it with a white base.

How do you like Under The Moon? Would you layer it or would you wear it on its own?



You may also like:

2 Kommentare:

  1. I think it looks absolutely stunning! The way the glitter captured in your photo's is just gorgeous! xx

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Awww, thank you so much! It really is a pretty polish. I'm in love with the sparkles too! :-D
      xo, Pia

      Löschen

Feel free to leave a comment anytime! I will read every one of them and try to respond ASAP