Samstag, 13. Juni 2015

OPI -Schnapps Out Of It! & comic nail art

Hello Sweeties!

Another great Saturday lies ahead of us and I want to show you some comic nail art inspired by a youtube video I recently watched. But lets get started with a short introduction of my base colour.

This is OPI - Schnapps Out Of It! (NL G22) from the fall 2012 German collection. It is a terracotta creme polish leaning towards a coral shade and has a wonderful hidden silver shimmer that is hardly visible on the nail, but in certain lighting you can catch a glimps of it. I took my pictures late at night and didn't have any sunshine left so it is almost impossible to see in these shots.
As most OPI polishes Schnapps Out Of It! has a fantastic formula that is almost opaque in one coat. For these swatches I did use two coats without a topcoat. And now let's get to the fun part:


I used NYX - White and Wet 'n Wild - Black Creme to create this design. Check the video tutorial by cutepolish on youtube if you want to try this yourself. 


My black conture is not really perfect, but I think those nails look so fun. Especially if you only take a short look. They could be directly from a comic strip.


And because I always experiment on my nails I added a little silver glitter to one side of my nails. For this I used Yves Rocher - Argent givré (91.). Yves Rocher is a French brand and the name means Icy Silver. I have to remember to use this in winter and for some Christmas manicures. It is really pretty and sparkly!

I only used one coat of glitter here and I like the density a lot. Very shiny!


I hope you like my animated cartoon nails as much as I do and have fun watching the tutorial.

You may also like:

4 Kommentare:

  1. Lovely manicure, I love this comic style nail art and I'm generally a sucker for bordered nails :) I think it works beautifully with your base colour and I have to agree the glitter will be fantastic for some glitter winter nails! xx

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. The comic nails! You did a great job with them :D

    AntwortenLöschen

Feel free to leave a comment anytime! I will read every one of them and try to respond ASAP