Mittwoch, 8. Juli 2015

Glitterbomb Gradient Ombre

Hello Lovelies!

Today it is a bit cooler than it was all last week and I start feeling like a human being again. This post was supposed to be up yesterday, but it was too hot and I couldn't get myself to sit in front of the computer. So let me show you what I did here.
Originally this manicure was supposed to be focussing on my first Color Club polish by the name Blush Crush (1065) that looks like a lovely nude creme inside the bottle. So I started painting my nails and immediately knew it was a jelly. It is so very sheer. I started to build up the coats to get opacity on one nail first because I wanted to know how many it would take. Once I've reached the 4th layer and still could see my nail line I took it off and painted a white base first.
I used one coat of NYX - White followed by two layers of Blush Crush. Although the formula is excellent and easy to spread and apply I am a bit disappointed in this polish. I was hoping for a bit more coverage. I really like the colour in the bottle, but it is hardly visible on the nail. I guess it would be perfect if you are aiming for an all natural look.
That said I took out my box of glitter toppers and decided to go for essence - glitterbomb (10) wich has a softly tinted vintage rose jelly base packed with tiny microglitter and some medium sized hexes in a lovely magenta shade. I only used one coat to get a very good result with a good amount of glitter on the nails.

In natural light and sunshine it is very sparkly and shiny, wich I totally love.
To give my manicure a bit more colour I used two of my OPI sheer tints to create an ombre gradient on top of the glitter. At the tip of my nails I used Don't Violet Me Down and then covered the whole nail with Be Magentale With Me. This worked fantastic and gave me a super easy gradient.

To give it the last touch I topcoated the manicure with Seche Vite and created a little flower with self adhesive rhinestones as an accent on my ringfinger.


I love how easy it is to create an accent with rhinestones. You really don't have to be a gifted nail artist to achieve fantastic results. Be sure to use a very liquid top coat to seal in rhinestones. I found that the thicker ones like Seche Vite tend to cause bubbles around the stones.

I am really happy with this manicure and even my fianceé noticed how fancy they look!

Do you like this manicure too? Isn't this a perfectly easy way to create a gradient?

You may also like:


4 Kommentare:

  1. Awwh this came out beautifully! The tints made for an awesome ombre! I would never have thought of using tints, in fact I have some but I just never know what to do with them, haha. Such a cute mani and I like the final touch of the rhinestones to set it all off :) xx

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Thank you Ithi, I'm glad you like my nail art! I think it is wonderful to share it to give others great ideas. I love to read other blogs for the same reason.
      xo, Pia

      Löschen
  2. Lovely! I have so many glitters and never use them, your post made me want to use those again!

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. I bet you'd rock glitter polishes Natalia!
      xo, Pia

      Löschen

Feel free to leave a comment anytime! I will read every one of them and try to respond ASAP