Sonntag, 19. Juli 2015

OPI - Color Paints & Brushstroke Mani

Hello Lovelies!

Happy Sunday! How is your weekend going so far? I am enjoying the warm weather and also the thunderstorms that bring a bit of chilling most nights these days. I recently purchased the new OPI Color Paints and hat to try them immediately.

The mini set contains the silver base polish and five of the eight available colours:
Silver Canvas Undercoat: A clean-slate silver to illuminate your masterpiece.
Primarily Yellow: Paint some sunshine with this glowing yellow.
Chromatic Orange: This freshly squeezed orange is awash with color.
Pen & Pink: I'm irresistibly drawn to this rosy pink.
Purple Perspective: The depth of this purple is mesmerizing.
Turquoise Aesthetic: Beauty is in the eye of this deep aqua.
First I applied the silver canvas. One coat was enough to get good coverage and it spread smoothly. This metallic silver shows a few brushstrokes, but since it is the base colour that didn't bother me at all.


Then I tried out the colours and did kind  of a skittle manicure with them, because I couldn't wait to see them all.


After the first coat the colours look very shiny and a bit metallic, because the silver is still visible. I really like them this way, but I did apply a second layer. 
With two coats the colours are more intense. The lighter shades didn't change much except for the fact that the silver shine is mostly gone. The two darker shades get very intense and deep. Especially the purple is very dark with two coats. 
Depending on how you want to use it, both - one and two coats - are fantastic. I decided to try a brushstroke manicure on top of the skittle manicure to see how the colours look combined. On the darker colours it is not very well visible, but with the lighter shades as background colours I like it!




And it is so much fun to do a brushstroke mani. You just wipe off any excess polish from your brush and drag it across your nails. Repeat with all desired colours until you are happy and your done.
Have you tried the new Color Paints yet? I need to experiment with them a bit more.

You may also like:

4 Kommentare:

  1. Very interesting collection. I really like your colorful skittle, it is fun to have such kind of nail in summer time!

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. Thank you Andrea! It really is fun to wear these bright colours together.
    xo, Pia

    AntwortenLöschen
  3. Oh, how pretty! I love what you've done, I'd really like to have this collection :)

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Thank you! I ordered them online via Amazon for under €20.-!
      xo, Pia

      Löschen

Feel free to leave a comment anytime! I will read every one of them and try to respond ASAP