Samstag, 11. Juli 2015

Rainbow Gradient for Christopher Street Day

Hello Lovelies!

Happy Saturday! Do you have any plans for the weekend? I am going to hit the road in a few minutes to go to Austria to celebrate my mum and aunts birthday. I decided to stay there for a couple of days, but don't worry, I have a few blogposts scheduled for that time. So make sure to stop by!
Today is Christopher Street Day here in Munich and therefore I want to show you a colourful rainbow manicure. 
As usual when working with bright colours I started this manicure with a white base - two coats of china glaze - White on White - , and let that dry for a while. To avoid making a mess around my cuticles I taped my fingers with some scotch tape.
Then I sponged on the gradient nail by nail with my make-up sponge. I repeated this step until I was happy with the opacity, wich was about three to four times depending on the colours. For cleanup all I had to do was to remove the tape and it was almost done. There were only a few spots where I had to go in with a flat brush and some polish remover.
To blend the colours together even better I added a layer of china glaze - Fairy Dust. My favourite nail is the indexfinger. I accidentally turned around the sponge and put the colours on to the wrong side. I think in the end this really helped blending them together. You hardly can say where yellow starts and orange ends...
Let me show you the polishes I've used. 
Maybelline - Power Red - Nyx - Pop Culture & My Sunshine - essie - vice versa & mesmerized - Maybelline - Purple Gem. 

As a finishing touch I added a rhinestone in the fitting colour to each nail and sealed it in with Seche Vite Dry Fast Top Coat.
I love how these turned out! Perfect to wear today.

How do you like this manicure? Would you like to recreate it?

You may also like:

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Feel free to leave a comment anytime! I will read every one of them and try to respond ASAP