Montag, 6. Juli 2015

Sunset Gradient

Happy Monday, Beauties!

Today I want to show you a sponged gradient with a palm tree design. It totally reminds me of a beach at sunset and was inspired by the hot weather we are experiencing at the moment. All I can think about is lying under a palm tree and jumping into the sea anytime I want to get refreshed. Unfortunately that isn't going to happen right now...
I started this manicure using a base coat and two layers of white polish and let them dry completely. Then I used a make-up sponge to create my gradient using three NYX polishes. My Sunshine (yellow), Pop Culture (orange) and Red Noir (guess what, it is the red one! ;-D). Once I was done with the first layer I wasn't satisfied with the dark red and added Maybelline Express Finish - Cherry (505), wich is a brighter red.


Once the colour was built up to full coverage I cut down a straw to get a C-shaped dotting tool to help create the palm leaves and an ecen smaller section on the other side to create the stems and shadows.
The first nail was a bit challenging, but once you get used to your new tool it is actually very easy. To fill in any gaps I added some doves and then topcoated my manicure with Seche Vite to seal it in.

I think this looks so cute and even better in natural light (below). 



As you know me I can not resist playing around with different top coats and finishes, that is exactly what I did here. I used china glaze fairy dust in my pointer, black only - #244 on my middlefinger (this is a pearl finish) and a matte top coat on my ringfinger. Wich is your favourite?
My favourite for this design was the L'Oreal matte top coat so I added it to all of my nails. The other ones would have been put to better use underneath the black design. They look lovely on the coloured parts, but not on top of the palmtrees.


I hope you like this design as much as I do. It is really fun to do and you should definitely give it a try to work with a cut down straw. 

Have a great week!


You may also like:

4 Kommentare:

  1. I adore Sunset gradient designs of any kind, and this one is truly stunning!

    http://njcdesigns.blogspot.co.uk/

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Thank you so much! I am totally into gradients of any kind right now
      Your blog is lovely btw
      xo, Pia

      Löschen
  2. This is beautiful, I am like you.. just thinking of jumping into a nice clear sea and beautiful tropical stuff...ah.. I really lke this design, I like how it looks with the matte top coat too :) xx

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. I think the matte gives it a more natural look. I love it so much!
      xo, Pia

      Löschen

Feel free to leave a comment anytime! I will read every one of them and try to respond ASAP