Dienstag, 8. September 2015

Leadlight Flowers - Stained Glass

Hello Sweeties!

Today I want to show you a manicure I've been wanting to do for a while now. I've seen so many gorgeous designs online and finally got to trying out the Leadlight or Stained Glass technique myself. Previously that had fallen through because I didn't find a proper stamping motive to use, but now I am quite happy with my choice.
I started this manicure with a layer of Wet 'n Wild Protective Basecoat and one coat of claire's - Cloud. I then applied two coats of flormar - Holographic Silver (395). Let me show you some swatches of that beauty before heading to the manicure.


Holographic Silver is a fantastic glitter polish packed with lots and lots of iridescent microglitter. It reminds me of china glaze - Fairy Dust, just more dense. As you can see it is almost opaque in two layers. I Bet it would look amazing over a dark blue or black too!

In my opionion the name is a bit misleading. It is not really a holographic glitter, but an iridescent one. Even though it shimmers beautifully in all the colours of the rainbow it is still missing the real holo effect. Nevertheless it is insanely gorgeous. Look at all the sparkles:
I purchased a set of twelve stampingplates online a while back. You've seen me using some of them before. I really don't know what brand it is so I can only show it too ou and tell you I've used number 10 for this manicure.
With black stamping polish I transferred the flower design in the lower left corner to all of my nails. Look how you can still see all the lovely glitter!

Once that was dry I started filling in the design with various jelly polishes. I've used most of the OPI sheer tints and some homemade jellies in green, orange and red (wich appears quite pink). I then sealed it in with Seche Vite.
In the pictures you can see, that the orange jelly I mixed was a bit milky and stained my black polish a little, but in real life that was only minimal and hardly visible. It also was a lot sparklier than it appears in the pictures. I had trouble looking away from my nails. In the brurry parts of my last picture you can get a glimpse of it (Pointer).
I am so happy I finally tried this technique. It is so simple yet elegant and super effective and doesn't take hours of prep time. I am a little bit disappointed with the pictures though and my poor choice of orange polish to mix my jelly ( I think I've used Maybelline - Couture Orange.). I bet I have better ones in my stock! I'll know better next time...

How do you like this manicure? Have you ever used the leadlight technique?

You may also like:

4 Kommentare:

  1. I've never made a Leadlight mani, but seeing your wonderful one makes me want to try it soon! Love the sparkle of the different colored flowers. It is a joy to see your mani!

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Thank you so much for all your kind words my dear! The pleasure is all mine. I love your manicures too!
      xo, Pia

      Löschen

Feel free to leave a comment anytime! I will read every one of them and try to respond ASAP